Excel 2004 Printing - Cross Platform

69sidewinder69

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have an Excel file that I am trying to print. It hits the print queue but doesn't print at all...it just disappears without printing. All other document files print fine to this printer.

We are a cross platform company, and I've been trying to trace the OS upon which this file was created. I suspect it was created on Excel 2003 for Windows (it was either that or Mac OS X Leopard). The reason I believe it was created on XP is because the file prints fine from Windows. But I need to make sure it prints fine on Mac OS X as well (Leopard 10.5.4).

The Excel file I'm printing is in Landscape Orientation. I've tried printing to 3 different HP models (LaserJet 9000n, LaserJet 9500n, LaserJet 5200dtn), all with the same negative results (hits queue, nothing prints). I've tried updating the HP Drivers, but still get the same result.

The Excel file is being printed with "scaling" options selected: (fit to 1 Page(s) wide and 3 Page(s) tall). I've tried deselecting this option and printing and only 1 page comes out (although "all" is selected...I've also tried choosing the page numbers to print "1 to 3" with no success).

Are there any issues with MS Excel 2003 for Windows files created on XP not being able to print when they are opened on MS Excel 2004 for Mac? The only thing I can think is that this is a cross platform issue, but I don't know if there's a resolution. It will print on all Windows machines, but not Mac machines.

Any assistance you could provide would be much appreciated.

C

CyberTaz

I think you may be chasing the wrong ghost :)

Make sure Office is fully updated - 11.5.1 is the current build - and run
Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after apply any OS/Office/driver
updates. See if that resolves it.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

69sidewinder69

Thank you for your prompt response. I should have done that as a matter of course when I updated the Mac. I'll do that first thing Monday morning and let you know if it was successful.

Ask a Question