Fonts are incorrectly displayed

M

MatthewK

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I would like to know why PowerPoint 2008 displays the pre-existing fonts on my system incorrectly. My font library is checked and without issues. All other applications, including other Office 2008 applications and PowerPoint 2004 when it was installed, display Frutiger and Univers correctly. PowerPoint 2008 substitutes them with Arial, while claiming they are still Frutiger or Univers in the inspector palette. Is there a fix?

A

Andrew Wills

I'm having exactly the same problem. Very frustrating. I usually keep a pretty tight rein on which fonts are loaded but it looks like there are heaps of Office fonts pre-loaded. Could there be a clash with those and Suitcase/Font book?

M

MatthewK

Good thoughts, probably something along those lines - for instance the bold weights of Univers show normally, so it's not specific to the file format or the company who made them. Frutiger Bold doesn't show though.

I might try disabling some of the MS fonts if I have time - most of my PowerPoint stuff uses Frutiger so it's a serious hassle for me. I'll report back on whether it helps.

A

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem with PMN Caecilia and Frutiger. Leave it to Microsoft to still not have it's font act together, even within the Mac OS! I dread having to send the latest presentation to a PC user. Please keep us posted if you find an answer to this, and I'll do the same.

Ask a Question