Formatting Palette - Unable to change toolbox settings...

A

alanfrie

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Formatting Palette - Since the last update (12.1.5) I am unable to use the Formatting Palette properly, but only in some workbooks. In the present workbook, I can only see the page setup panel, which is grayed out & not usable, and the document theme panel. Changing the toolbox settings does not enable me to add any other panels, and does not enable to make the page setup panel usable. This problem does not occur in other workbooks. All the workbooks I am using were imported from older versions of Excel. Any suggestions?

A

alanfrie

Formatting Palette - Since the last update (12.1.5) I am unable to use the Formatting Palette properly, but only in some workbooks. In the present workbook, I can only see the page setup panel, which is grayed out & not usable, and the document theme panel. Changing the toolbox settings does not enable me to add any other panels, and does not enable to make the page setup panel usable. This problem does not occur in other workbooks. All the workbooks I am using were imported from older versions of Excel. Any suggestions?

This is not a reply, but an additional comment on the above problem, which is my earlier post.

I did a save as on this workbook file, converting it to .xlsx from .xls in an attempt to fix the problem. The problem remains. Also, other workbooks in the .xls format do not exhibit this problem.

A

alanfrie

This is not a reply, but an additional comment on the above problem, which is my earlier post.

I did a save as on this workbook file, converting it to .xlsx from .xls in an attempt to fix the problem. The problem remains. Also, other workbooks in the .xls format do not exhibit this problem.

Again, this is a reply to my own two posts. I solved the problem by copying all the cells in the problematic workbook, and pasting it into a new workbook.

J

JE McGimpsey

This is not a reply, but an additional comment on the above problem, which is
my earlier post.

I did a save as on this workbook file, converting it to .xlsx from .xls in an
attempt to fix the problem. The problem remains. Also, other workbooks in the
.xls format do not exhibit this problem.

If this happens again, choose Tools/Protection/Unprotect Sheet...

Ask a Question