Header and Detail on Same Page

B

bw

Please excuse the cruddy formatting below.
My Detail section has a single Memo field. With the configuration below, the report
prints fine, EXCEPT that sometimes the GroupHeader1 is at the bottom of a page all by
itself, and then repeats on the next page, along with the Detail.

If I change the GroupHeader1 "New Row or Col" property to "Before Section" then the
GroupHeader1 always seems to print along with the Detail, EXCEPT that there is now some
white space that appears to be about the same size as the Detail section, after the Detail
section is printed.

I have no idea what is happening here. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bernie

Name GroupHeader1 Detail
Force New Page None None
New Row or Col None None
Keep Together Yes No
Visible Yes Yes
Can Grow Yes Yes
Can Shrink Yes No

--

M

Marshall Barton

bw said:
My Detail section has a single Memo field. With the configuration below, the report
prints fine, EXCEPT that sometimes the GroupHeader1 is at the bottom of a page all by
itself, and then repeats on the next page, along with the Detail.

If I change the GroupHeader1 "New Row or Col" property to "Before Section" then the
GroupHeader1 always seems to print along with the Detail, EXCEPT that there is now some
white space that appears to be about the same size as the Detail section, after the Detail
section is printed.

Name GroupHeader1 Detail
Force New Page None None
New Row or Col None None
Keep Together Yes No
Visible Yes Yes
Can Grow Yes Yes
Can Shrink Yes No

I can't explain what I think you're describing, but have you
tried setting the **group** KeepTogether property to With
First Detail?

Ask a Question