How can the font and size of (all) citation numbers be altered?

Reaction score
I use Word 16 on a brand-new Macbook.

I want to alter how endnote numbers appear in document body text (say at the end of a sentence).

I am capable of converting them, for instance, from 1 2 3 to I ii ii. But each and every one of these numbers in the page needs to have its font and size altered. In a flash. This is due to the fact that endnotes appear in various fonts and sizes practically every time I add one. Additionally, it would be wonderful if there was a mechanism to prevent that from occurring once more.

Formatting the endnotes themselves, which are located at the bottom of the document, is much simpler; just give them all the same style. Even so, the number of the citation that begins an endnote may be substantially smaller in 1 out of every 30 than the way I provide. How do I also remedy this?

Thank you, everyone.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You can modify the Footnote Reference Style and/or Endnote Reference Style to use whatever font and point size you prefer. That one change will apply to all current and future Footnote references and Endnote references in the document unless you've been messing with them and applying inconsistent formatting of your own.

Ask a Question