How do I turn off Presenter Tools?

M

miata

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I am trying to turn off presenters tools so that I can take notes while giving a presentation. Another thread talks about getting a "Hide Presenter Tools" option when right clicking during presentation mode, but I get no such choice on my pop up menu.

M

MooneyFlyer

I am trying to turn off presenters tools so that I can take notes while giving a presentation. Another thread talks about getting a "Hide Presenter Tools" option when right clicking during presentation mode, but I get no such choice on my pop up menu.

I'm interested in this as well. The Presenter Tools dominates my machine during a presentation and I cannot seem to get rid of it. I would also like to use my machine to take notes. Ideally I would like to resize the presenter tools to a window where my notes can sit next to it.

I'm surprised that more people are not complaining about this... it's a major issue for me.

C

CyberTaz

AFAIK the Presenter Tools feature is an "all-or-nothing" proposition - the
window is full screen & cannot be resized. I don't know of any such
"Hide..." command unless it hides the presenter window altogether. I don't
have a dual display hooked up right now to check but I'm sure it doesn't
provide a sizable window mode.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

K

knanyahu

This is a huge issue for me as well. I really wish Microsoft would address this. At least give us the option to turn it off. The PC version allows you to turn off Presenter Tools which is a really useful feature.

We do a lot of real-time/non-linear presentations and on the PC, I can edit the presentation in advance on one screen while presenting in the other. As a workaround, I find myself editing using Powerpoint mac and then using VMware on my Mac laptop to be able to present with the PC version. The problem is that the media support is very different between Mac and PC versions (which is another issue).

J

Jim Gordon MVP

I'm interested in this as well. The Presenter Tools dominates my machine during a presentation and I cannot seem to get rid of it. I would also like to use my machine to take notes. Ideally I would like to resize the presenter tools to a window where my notes can sit next to it.

I'm surprised that more people are not complaining about this... it's a major issue for me.

Hi,

If you want to take notes during a presentation, that's one of the
features of presenter tools. You can edit slide notes while the
presentation is running.

-Jim

J

Jim Gordon MVP

This is a huge issue for me as well. I really wish Microsoft would address this. At least give us the option to turn it off. The PC version allows you to turn off Presenter Tools which is a really useful feature.

We do a lot of real-time/non-linear presentations and on the PC, I can edit the presentation in advance on one screen while presenting in the other. As a workaround, I find myself editing using Powerpoint mac and then using VMware on my Mac laptop to be able to present with the PC version. The problem is that the media support is very different between Mac and PC versions (which is another issue).

You can present a slide show in a window instead of full screen, if that
helps.

-Jim

R

rbatte

The issue I have is that we do a number of web conferences and I need to be able to see both screens. I can simply use PowerPoint in the slide view mode but that is not elegant at all and you lose a lot of the features. I need the second screen to be able to access my web conferencing tools. The only solution I can think of now is to either use Parallels and show PowerPoint on the XP OS and use the second monitor for the web conferencing tools. Not elegant but it would potentially work. THen there is always the option of using a PC with two monitors. Not my first choice.

Ask a Question