How to fit print on page

M

Melanie Beck

I don't use Visio, but I am the "go to" person for Microsoft software, so one of our users asked me to find out the answer to this question.

How to I take a Visio file that was created to fit a D Size page layout and print it as an 11x17 size? When I go to page set up and change it to "fit one page" and pick "ledger" it shows fine on the page size vs drawing size viewer, but when it prints it only prints part of the layout. What I have been doing is a work around - I print it to a PDF as and then change it to print out of the PDF as 11x17, but this does not always work nicely. Do you have a better suggestion on how to "fit" a Visio file to a certain size print layout?

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

J

J Kallay

I want to verify your page settings:
On the Print Setup tab your printer paper is Ledger (B) : 17 in x 11 in, Portrait. Your print zoom is set to "FIt to 1 sheet across by 1 sheet down."
On the Page Size tab, your page size is set to a Custom size: 22 in. x 34 in., Portrait.

Is that correct?

I don't use Visio, but I am the "go to" person for Microsoft software, so one of our users asked me to find out the answer to this question.

How to I take a Visio file that was created to fit a D Size page layout and print it as an 11x17 size? When I go to page set up and change it to "fit one page" and pick "ledger" it shows fine on the page size vs drawing size viewer, but when it prints it only prints part of the layout. What I have been doing is a work around - I print it to a PDF as and then change it to print out of the PDF as 11x17, but this does not always work nicely. Do you have a better suggestion on how to "fit" a Visio file to a certain size print layout?

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

M

Melanie Beck

Yes. However, the user just called me and she said it works fine on another printer. So, maybe it's a printer driver issue. She's going to use the other printer.

Thank you for your time, but let's close this topic since she is happy just switching printers.

I want to verify your page settings:
On the Print Setup tab your printer paper is Ledger (B) : 17 in x 11 in, Portrait. Your print zoom is set to "FIt to 1 sheet across by 1 sheet down."
On the Page Size tab, your page size is set to a Custom size: 22 in. x 34 in., Portrait.

Is that correct?

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Ask a Question