How to make one standard "extension" in a column?

Reaction score
My first entry here, and you have to excuse my bad english. I'm Norwegian and not the best in foreign languages(not using google translate tho').

I got this excel-spreadsheet where I in one column is just keeping track of how many pieces I got to order from each part that appears on each line. I dont want the "extension" to appear in every line in the spreadsheet, coz' some of the lines does not have that kind of info. So I just want it to appear on those lines where I do input anything in the column on the left of the "extension-column".

I dont know if you understand my problem, if not I can take a screenshot of an example and draw some explanations.. :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not sure I understand the issue here - could you take some screenshots of the problem?

Reaction score
Ah ok, I understand now. Apologies for the late reply!

Select the column, right-click on it and select 'Format Cells'. On the 'Number' tab you will see a list of categories on the left-hand side - select Custom. There is a box that you can type your own custom formatting into - you want to type

#"stk"

This mean that after a number, stk will appear automatically.

Here's a screenshot:

excel format example.png

Hope this helps! :)

Ask a Question