How to see all recipients in email header?

D

dbornemann

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Greetings

When I receive an email with more than a few recipients in the To: filed (or Cc: for that matter) Entourage decides to truncate the list of addresses viewable at some point. It then puts "..." which when moused-over pops up with how many other recipients there are. But at no time am I able to view them! I have sifted through preferences, views, and searched this forum and the internet. Every email program I have EVER used allows this sort of option except Entourage, which I am using (instead of Mac Mail) on a trial basis because I've heard such good things...

The only solution I've found, which is totally ghetto, is to select View --> Source (or Internet headers). This gets you the information, but it's like reading it from a command prompt and difficult to find what you're looking for! There's got to be a better way. Anyone know?

Thanks

M

Michel Bintener

Hi,

the message source or the internet headers are indeed the only places
where you can see all the recipients. You could probably write an
AppleScript to show you all the recipients if you knew how to do that; I
don't know much about AppleScript, so I can't really help you here.

Ask a Question