In Reference to: Question: What to do whenWord constantly crashes?

W

watsontcbc

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

OK, Microsoft. You win. After all, you're the big kid on the block. I'm just the poor sucker you call a customer. I can hardly believe my eyes in the string titled "What to do when Word constantly crashes?". To blame crashes on what features a user chooses to use in a program such as MS Word in good faith that the features are provided to be used and allow the user to be productive in it's use, just doesn't make any sense. I am referring to the somewhat helpful comments provided by the Microsoft employee who gave the third entry in that string. I say "somewhat helpful", because he pointed out features that should be avoided. Thank you. I'll use floating objects less often, and implement Auto Backups, instead of Auto Recovery. But in one thing he was mistaken. I am faithful with every update - no matter how frequently they appear. But that strategy often backfires, like it did recently. The 12.2.0 update took what stability that existed in MS Entourage, MS Word, and MS Excel, and dumped in in the toilet. After using MS products on both PCS and Macs for 20 years, I have established some consistency in how I use the products. I have certainly not changed my style and habits within the last month. Yet after experiencing only a few crashes in the last year, to suddenly see them rise to a frequency of as many as three crashes a day PER PROGRAM - with NO changes in usage patterns or hours used in a day - that tells me that the last update sent more bugs than it fixed. Thanks for the tip to update to 12.2.1 - hopefully that will fix the problem of all these crashes. We'll see over the next few days. If it doesn't, I'll be back, looking for more helpful user tips, and more blame on the user from Microsoft.

I'll keep up with the updates, because that is the only chance I have of getting rid of bugs that show up. Just please stop creating more problems than you fix. And stop blaming the user for the problems you create, and that you bury in unstable products that you sell to use poor suckers.

Yours sincerely,

Frustrated "Customer"

C

CyberTaz

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that you're communicating with
Microsoft through these newsgroups. The fact is that you are not ‹ nor is
the individual to whom you refer a Microsoft employee. The responders here
are users of Mac Office who volunteer their time, experience & expertise to
aid other users of the product.

If you want to communicate directly to Microsoft use the Help> Send Feedback
feature from any Office app or go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

W

watsontcbc

I stand corrected. Thank you. I have sent my message to the feedback link you suggest. My apologies to the other participant I refer to in this post.

C

Clive Huggan

Perhaps I should clarify my tongue-in-cheek post below. It was certainly
empathetic: the regulars in here certainly understand the extreme
frustration you experienced. The main reason we help others here is to spare
others from experiencing it!

Clive H
=======

Ask a Question