making entourage the default email program

G

Gary_Chow

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have a new Mac Pro. I have the Apple Mail program as well as Entourage. I am using Entourage as my email program and it seems to be working fine ( sending and receiving emails ok). I have not bothered to set up Mail as i don't need it for the time being. However, when I go to a web page and click an email link, Mail opens up and asks me to set it up. I want Entourage to open up so I can send an email. I went to Entourage>accounts>mail but it won't let me set my Entourage email as the default. I also went to Entourage>Preference>general and it also doesn't allow me to set Entourage as the default. So, how do I get Entourage to open when I click on an email link on a web page?

M

Michel Bintener

In Entourage, go to Entourage>Preferences, General, and click on the big
button to set Entourage as your default e-mail client. You may have to
quit the applications that are currently running for the change to
register. To be completely sure, restart your Mac, and the setting
should be respected by most applications (iPhoto and Google Earth being
notable exceptions; if you want to use these programs in conjunction
with Entourage, you need to change the default e-mail application in
their preferences).

G

Gary_Chow

Michael, Thanks for prompt reply, but what you said did not work for me. In fact, it is what i did originally. When i go to Preference>General and click the big long button that says 'make entourage default' it won't accept.

D

Diane Ross

Ask a Question