MS Word 2021 Mail Merge Emails with different images for each email

Reaction score
I want to build an email to each of my members with their profile (Name, Badge #, phone #, photo, etc. I create the basic wording, I start the mail merge, click on the recipients and insert the field names.

To insert the picture, I have tried "Insert", "Pictures", the picture I want and in lieu of clicking "Insert" that picture, I click on "Link to file". I then go into that statement and hilight the just picture name (e.g., 007.jpg) leaving the ".jpg" unhighlighted and click on "Insert Fieldname" and click the field name (in my case, Picture).

The picture appears when I finish the merge, however, when I click "CTRL" + "A" and then click "F9", the same picture that I originally clicked on appears on all records.

I then went back and created the Word document again and followed these steps:
1. I click on "Mail Merge" on menu bar, click on "Start Mail Merge" and then click "Select Recipients".
2. I choose my Excel file that has my data for my Mail Merge emails.
3. I insert all field names except for the field "Picture". That is the location of where my photos are (e.g., C:/rockwell/roster/photos)
4. When I complete the insertion of the other field names (e.g., ID #, Name, etc.), I click my cursor where I want my photo.
5. I click on "Insert" on the menu bar, then click "Quick Parts" under the "Text" area of the menu bar, then click "Field".
6. In the "Field" area, I click on "IncludePicture" and type "Image" in the Filename area and click "OK".
7. I then click "Alt+F9" and double-click on "Image".
8. I click on "Insert Merfield" under Mail Merge and click on the field name "Picture" (that's the name of the photo field location.
9. I then click on "Finish Mail Merge" on the menu bar.

My other field names show the data (e.g., ID #, Name, etc.) except the "Picture" field just shows a box for the photo with the little graphic icon in the top left corner. (See attached).

Can anyone help. By the way, I tried Graham Mayler's Mail Merge Graphics Add-In and it doesn't do emails.

Would appreciate any help someone can give me. Thanks

Attachments

• A - 0 - Picture field on merged doc.jpg
    A - 0 - Picture field on merged doc.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 3