Multiple User Problems with Entourage and Word

L

Larch

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Two people use my Mac; I have an administrator account and M's account is set at the normal user level. All Office applications run okay on my administrator account, but not on M's. Her biggest problem occurs when she tries to launch Entourage. Right from the get-go Entourage would not launch successfully from her Mac account. Entourage would start to launch, but would then ask her to choose her Identity, refusing to go any further.

On the other hand, when I launched Entourage from my administrator account, Entourage fully launched and then invited me to set up an account. So we set up an account using M's e-mail server (I don't use Entourage for my e-mail), which worked (and continues to work) fine, so long as we launch Entourage from within my Mac user account.

But when M tries to launch Entourage from her own account, Entourage refuses, even though we can see the identity we created for her in my account listed on the identities list (the list shows Main User and her identity).

I tried to Switch to her account, but Entourage refused and told us to verify / rebuild the Entourage database, which we did, several times, to no effect. The above condition remains.

Additionally, M also has problems using Word 2008 in her Mac account. These are much less severe than with Entourage, as she can use Word, but each time she quits the application Word warns her to check / rebuild the Office Database. It seems like Office just isn't comfortable running applications under her Mac account.

Please help!

Ask a Question