Need to copy calendar items from"On my Computer" to Exchange server

D

donander

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

I have a user who came from another part of the organization to my area. In the other area she had created, on her own, a calendar in Entourage 2004 on her Mac there. That calendar was local only, not on Exchange. When she came to my area she wanted to use the calendar on Entourage here. I suggested we make an Exchange calendar-only account for her so she can store the calendar on the Exchange server and access it from anywhere via OWA. She agreed and I got the central IT department to make the Exchange calendar-only account.

I went to the other department and exported the calendar items on her Mac to a .rge file (folder?) in her home directory on the network, then created a new Entourage account and linked it with the Exchange calendar-only account on her Mac in my area and imported the calendar into it.

The problem is that the calendar items I imported on the computer here went into the Calendar in the "Folders on My Computer" instead of the calendar-only account in Entourage. I can see them both in Entourage but can't copy them from the local to the Exchange locations. I looked up Help in Entourage and it says you can not copy a Calendar between local and Exchange locations.

When importing, Entourage did not give me the choice of importing to the Exchange account. I imported to the local location by default. Does anyone know of a third-party solution or workaround?

A

Adam Bailey

The problem is that the calendar items I imported on the computer here went
into the Calendar in the "Folders on My Computer" instead of the
calendar-only account in Entourage. I can see them both in Entourage but
can't copy them from the local to the Exchange locations. I looked up Help in
Entourage and it says you can not copy a Calendar between local and Exchange
locations.

Use a Custom View to view all events in the local calendar. Then select
them all, and go to Event > Move To > (your Exchange calendar).

Ask a Question