outbound Entourge

O

ohio_mac

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Cannot get entourage to send emails. Inbound is OK.

Apple mail is working both ways.
Any ideas

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

Cannot get entourage to send emails. Inbound is OK.

1. If you can receive but not send then you have a bad SMTP configuration
2. If you can send but not receive you have a bad POP or IMAP configuration
(be sure to get the correct advanced setting. You might need to check
requires secure connection SSL)

You can try re-entering info.
You can delete account and create a new one.
Using copy/paste can result in an extra space being added. Type carefully.
Check your Keychain for corruption.

O

ohio_mac

Thanks, I 'll try the redo again. HAd the same problem when we tried to do the company server thing and just gave up. The puzzling part is that the Apple Mail set up is the same and it works fine.

Thnaks for your help.
mike

C

CB123

Have tried the suggestions - but they dont work - seems to be a snow leopard problem?

D

Diane Ross

C

CB123

Honest - I've tried all the suggestions and it works fine on my MacBook Air (Tiger) but not on my new MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard) - any other thoughts - settings seem correct - I've deleted and re-entered a number of times. Thanks for the input.

D

Diane Ross

Solving Send & Receive are difficult because it involves so many personal
settings. There is no way for us to know what is different on your new
MacBook that is causing your problems. Sorry.

K

KeasMom

I too have this problem, but only with certain email addresses. I can send these messages out via Apple's Mail, or via my ISP's webmail site, but Entourage blocks them from going out via my computer. On other forums, the suggestion has been to over ride the default SMTP port (normally 25) with 587 or 465. My ISP help desk warned me not to do this -- but it doesn't work anyway. I have resorted to going to webmail for these certain email addresses -- irritating.

KeasMom

M

Malcolm

I am having the same problem as Ohio Mac and have read diane's responses and tried those remedies, but it is not working. Bought the computer new last month and installed office mac 2008. It all went fine until today , got repeated error messages " authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods" I note that the mac book pro mail which I have also opened is sending mail OK. Any help greatly appreciated .
Malcolm

C

CB123

Hi

I've, finally, solved this for me. This may help others.

The settings, Diane suggested, were the problem. The issue is that the settings that worked for Entourage on my MacBook Air don't work for Entourage on the MacBook Pro.

I use Yahoo bizmail and the setting for user ID that works on the MacBook Air excludes the '@xxx.com' part of the email address, when I included this in the Entourage setting on the MacBook Pro .... 'bingo!'

I don't know if this will help anyone else but hope it's some use (and I sure don't know why it works :))

All the best

Cannot get entourage to send emails. Inbound is OK.

Ask a Question