Outlook Backup

D

Dave Britten

I had installed Outlook Backup in the past but it has now dissapeard from the file menu. Having uninstalled it and re installed from a fresh download, all atempts to get it to reappear have failed. Looking in the COM Add-Ins, Outlook Backup Addin is there, but un ticked. Ticking it does no work as it untickes its self when the COM Add-Ins box is closed.

Restoring to an earlier date also fails to fix the problem, as does re-insalling Outlook and Office.

Any suggestion would help

Regds

Dave Britten

D

Dave Britten

Note for Newsgroups_DELETE_

Hi

Your response to my call for help with Outlook backup pointed me in the correct direction but did not affect a cure.
You may be interested in the solution.

I copied outback.dll from the Addins folder in explorer.

I then went in Outlook to tools>options>other>advance option>com-addins and clicked remove which removed the Outlook Backup addin entry which would not retain the tick.

I then went in Outlook to tools>options>other>advance option> com-addins and clicked Add. In the box which opened I pasted the outback.dll from the Addins folder, highlighted it, and then ok. When I ticked the Outlook Backup addin, this time it remained ticked and Backup appeared under File.

Hope this is of interest.

Regds

Dave B

Ask a Question