Pop up window??

Reaction score
First, this is my VERY FIRST post here.......so Hello!

I'm working on a form in Word 2016. It's a medical assessment form, with various sections throughout. As the worker moves from section to section, the topic (of course) changes just a bit. So, I'm trying to 'attach' a prompt window to each blank field.....that will pop up to remind the worker of various questions to ask the patient. I did this about 2 weeks ago!!! Set up a large rectangular window per question, with a blank white area for the text to be entered.........the prompts were at the top of each window as it opened. When the user finished typing, the text appeared in the field I'd created, and the window closed.......voila!

Somehow, I deleted or disengaged that..........and I'm SO FRUSTRATED NOW! Any tips, please????

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Presumably, you used FILLIN or ASK fields. Try pressing Ctrl-A, F9 to see whether any are activated when you do so.

Reaction score
Yes.....you are correct....... I do need to create a FILLIN field. However, when the user gets down to the input area for that field, I simply want the FILLIN prompt box to just pop up......and I'm struggling to make that happen.

Reaction score
Everything I read starts prattling on about 'Mail merge'. I don't want to do a mail merge......NOTHING to do with a mail merge.....nothing! I want an ASK box or a FILLIN box to pop up as the user tabs from area to area to area.....it's an assessment.....so I need the form to 'talk back' to the person completing the form. This CAN BE DONE. I just can't figure it out.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score

Ask a Question