Public Folder calendars sync extremely slow

R

ragob66

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi,

sorry if I repeat a common question but I didn't find an answer yet.

We use Entourage 2008 to sync calendars in public folders. These calendars needs more than 10 Minutes to be synced every time you start entourage. The calendars have less than 9 MB of size in total.
Also all categories, set after syncing, are lost when restarting Entourage.
It seems like all data in the public folders are synced in total ever again instead of just syncing the changes.
Is there a possiblity to fasten up the sync process and keep the category changes?

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes from Hamburg, Germany

P

Pawan Kapoor

What you said is correct. Every time you hit any public folder in Entourage, it starts the sync from scratch.

what you can do is, you can subscribe the public folder and in this way you will store the public folder data locally.

Control + Click on the public folder and select Subscribe. Now access this public folder under Subscribed public folder.

Hope this helps.
thanks,
Pawan Kapoor
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi,

sorry if I repeat a common question but I didn't find an answer yet.

We use Entourage 2008 to sync calendars in public folders. These calendars needs more than 10 Minutes to be synced every time you start entourage. The calendars have less than 9 MB of size in total.
Also all categories, set after syncing, are lost when restarting Entourage.
It seems like all data in the public folders are synced in total ever again instead of just syncing the changes.
Is there a possiblity to fasten up the sync process and keep the category changes?

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes from Hamburg, Germany

Ask a Question