Setting Baseline in MS Project 2007 SP1 MSO

J

Jaime Smith

Hey Everyone!

I'm working on a "template" in MS project to help some of my colleagues plan and track their projects consistently. In the plan I have included the following fields: Baseline 1 Start, Baseline 1 Finish, Baseline 2 Start, and Baseline 2 Finish. The baseline 2 fields are there for an interim plan. I always first define the start date in the project information box. However, after doing this, if I then key in the baseline dates (I'm just testing with baseline 1 right now), then set the baseline, all dates I entered change to the project start date. I have scanned numerous books and tutorials about this, and all I have found instruct users to key in the dates first, then set the baseline. Am I missing something? I thought setting the baseline was supposed to save the dates I entered. Why is it overriding to the project start date? I am careful to select Baseline 1 when setting it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Adding WCF Service References
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...9-dfa51a9fab8e/adding-wcf-service-refere.aspx

Ask a Question