Stuttering video in Powerpoint

O

Operator911

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

A colleague of mine recently moved over from PC to Macs and tried importing her presentations over from PC to Mac, all of which heavily feature embedded videos.
Much to her dismay she found that the video in presentation mode of Powerpoint for mac stuttered, often skipping a few frames, to the degree that the effect of the videos was greatly diminished and she felt she needed to go back to her old Toshiba laptop to give her talks.

I was able to reproduce the problem on my own Macbook Pro with Powerpoint 2008. Interestingly enough, the video played fine on both her machine (Unibody 13" Macbook) and mind (15" 2.33Ghz MBP) when opened up directly in Quicktime, and also will play fine when run in Powerpoint2007 run under windows under parallels. The problem only appears when playing the video under slideshow mode in Powerpoint. This clearly is a Powerpoint 2008 problem. I am wondering if other people have noticed this problem, if Microsoft is aware of this problem and if it is on the radar for rectification.

Thanks

Ask a Question