Text Wrapping around a picture in Word X.

M

MikeMoyle

Version: v.X
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Okay, I've read the help files and the questions here and text wrapping STILL isn't working for me.

I'm working in Word v.X (10.1.9) under Mac OS 10.4.11. (I'm doing this newsletter in Word because the person who started it did it in Word (under Windows 2000) and I'm not allowed to convert it into my preferred layout program in case someone else needs to work on it later. *grumpf*)

I've imported a new picture. It's sitting on top of a couple of text boxes -- aligned with the right-hand edge of the right-hand box and extending about a half-inch over the left-hand box and startsabout an inch down from the top of both boxes. The two text boxes are linked as one single story. I want the text to wrap around the picture in the left column, continue to the top of the right column, then jump below the picture to the end of the column.

Double-clicking the picture brings up the formatting palette. Selecting any of the wrapping choices, however, does nothing. Actually, that's not exactly true. Selecting "In line with...", "Behind...", or "In front of text" throws the picture somewhere else on the page, pushing whatever was there in new and varied directions, or changes the size or proportions to match the width of whatever text box it ends up sitting on top of. The other options -- "Square", "Tight", etc. -- do nothing. Changing the stacking order of the picture and text boxes has no effect on whether the text avoids the picture area.

Seriously... I have tried every option that I can find; I have tried the pictures alone or placed as the only oblect inside of another text box on top of the ones that I want to wrap; I have read every help file and every forum post that the site shows as relevant to wrapping text in Mac Word X.

There's probably something trivial that I'm missing, but what the heck is it?

C

CyberTaz

Text Wrapping doesn't apply to content in Text Boxes, it only applies to
text in the flow of the document.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question