Trash Will Not Empty Office 2004 After Installation of Office 2008

J

jbiddymon221

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I followed all of the appropriate prompts to install Office 2008 for Mac with OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. Toward the end of the installation, the installer advised that it would trash Office 2004. Now the Trash contains only Microsoft Office 2004 and Microsoft AutoUpdate. When I attempt to empty the trash, the Trash Prompt Window advises that "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003).

J

jbiddymon221

I followed all of the appropriate prompts to install Office 2008 for Mac with OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. Toward the end of the installation, the installer advised that it would trash Office 2004. Now the Trash contains only Microsoft Office 2004 and Microsoft AutoUpdate. When I attempt to empty the trash, the Trash Prompt Window advises that "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003)."

After thinking about this for awhile, I am surprised that Microsoft would not have used an Unstaller of Office 2004 rather than moving it to the Trash.

I would appreciate any thoughts that any of you might have to resolve this issue. Thanks very much.

C

CyberTaz

After thinking about this for awhile, I am surprised that Microsoft would
not have used an Unstaller of Office 2004 rather than moving it to the
Trash.

I would appreciate any thoughts that any of you might have to resolve this
issue. Thanks very much.

Well, it does :) Where do you think the stuff goes when it's "uninstalled"?
It would be presumptuous of the removal to empty the Trash since there could
be other content the user does not want to have deleted. However, what
you're reporting is exceedingly rare.

Shut down the Mac for a minute or two & see if you can empty the Trash once
you power up.

J

jbiddymon221

Thanks Bob. I appreciate the advice, but I rebooted several times. However, I located Trash It! software on the Internet, which is effective force trashing items in the trash that don't seem to respond to any other techniques.

D

Diane Ross

issue. Thanks very much.

In the Finder, under Finder in the Menu bar select Empty Trash while holding
down the Option key.

Hope this helps!

J

jbiddymon221

issue. Thanks very much.

In the Finder, under Finder in the Menu bar select Empty Trash while holding