Trying to create a mailing list using a combination of data and anaddress list.

P

Phil

Good day everyone.

I am referring to a workbook I have below, if you would like to see it please reply with your email address and I’ll send it as I cannot (I think) upload it here.

I have a set of data that contains the value of transactions by type by trader by date (worksheet Data), this is the low level by transaction detail. I require to be able to mail this to the respective traders in order to support their trader statement (Address worksheet contains trader id and address details.) My problem is how to do this; one simple method as per the Method 1 worksheet is to simply subtotal by trader is and insert page breaksafter each subtotal. I can simply print this then manually collate and envelope using address labels stuck to each envelope as the trader changes. But this is slow and time consuming which is what I am trying to get away from.
I would like to be able to set the data out as per my desired result tab where the transactional details is preceded by the name and address of the trader (set up so as to fit in a windowed envelope) and is also forced onto an even number of pages so that the name and address appear on page 1, 5, 9,13 etc, I don’t foresee ever using more that 2 sheets of double sided printed paper. I could then print this, take it and run it through an enveloping machine which would incur a small cost but save untold time.
My problem is I don’t know how to do this and force the paging. If I tryto mail merge with MS Word I can easily do the name and address but not get the main data set included or if I could do this in Excel and force the paging how do I include the name and address?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

Phil.

D

Don Guillett

Good day everyone.

I am referring to a workbook I have below, if you would like to see it please reply with your email address and I’ll send it as I cannot (I think)upload it here.

I have a set of data that contains the value of transactions by type by trader by date (worksheet Data), this is the low level by transaction detail..  I require to be able to mail this to the respective traders in order to support their trader statement (Address worksheet contains trader id and address details.)  My problem is how to do this; one simple method as perthe Method 1 worksheet is to simply subtotal by trader is and insert page breaks after each subtotal.  I can simply print this then manually collate and envelope using address labels stuck to each envelope as the trader changes.  But this is slow and time consuming which is what I am trying to get away from.
I would like to be able to set the data out as per my desired result tab where the transactional details is preceded by the name and address of the trader (set up so as to fit in a windowed envelope) and is also forced ontoan even number of pages so that the name and address appear on page 1, 5, 9, 13 etc, I don’t foresee ever using more that 2 sheets of double sided printed paper.  I could then print this, take it and run it through an enveloping machine which would incur a small cost but save untold time.
My problem is I don’t know how to do this and force the paging.  If Itry to mail merge with MS Word I can easily do the name and address but not get the main data set included or if I could do this in Excel and force the paging how do I include the name and address?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

Phil.

Send to me dguillett1 @gmail.com

P

Phil

One solution would be to filter then cut and paste each trader data set onto a new worksheet at say row 15 then use a lookup to create the address in the correct place for windowed enveloping, not sure how I'd force the number of pages though so I printed the address page on 1,5,9,13 etc.

Ask a Question