Two e-mail accounts, but the wrong one appears to be the default

B

Bill Allen

I have two e-mail accounts. Let's call them (e-mail address removed) and (e-mail address removed).
I used to use (e-mail address removed) for along time. Now, I want to use (e-mail address removed)
as my regular e-mail address. I've gone to Tools/Account settings and set
(e-mail address removed) as my default e-mail account. This works when I'm sending new
mail, but when I reply, it seems to always reply using the (e-mail address removed) and
I have to select the (e-mail address removed) from the account button.

How can I make (e-mail address removed) the default e-mail account when replying
without deleting (e-mail address removed) altogether?

Thank you,

Bill

B

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I have two e-mail accounts. Let's call them (e-mail address removed) and (e-mail address removed).
I used to use (e-mail address removed) for along time. Now, I want to use (e-mail address removed)
as my regular e-mail address. I've gone to Tools/Account settings and set
(e-mail address removed) as my default e-mail account. This works when I'm sending new
mail, but when I reply, it seems to always reply using the (e-mail address removed) and
I have to select the (e-mail address removed) from the account button.

How can I make (e-mail address removed) the default e-mail account when replying
without deleting (e-mail address removed) altogether?

While DL is correct, keep in mind that Outlook doesn't equate "account" with
"e-mail address". If you want messages that were sent to the address
(e-mail address removed) (and thus received with the account configured to contain the
(e-mail address removed) address) to appear to come from (e-mail address removed), simply moditfy
the (e-mail address removed) account and change its mail address (without changing any
other property) to (e-mail address removed). Then, when you reply, even thought the
message will go out using hte (e-mail address removed) account, since that's the account
that received it, the recipient will see the reply as coming from the
(e-mail address removed) address.

B

Bill Allen

Kewl.

I KNEW I didn't have to keep hitting that account button.

Thanks Brian.

Bill

Ask a Question