Update OLE Links in Powerpoitn from Excel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I really would appreciate a simple solution to this as it is driving me nuts! I have a PPT Slide with an excel chart as an OLE object. When I first paste the linked object, it updates in real time in PPT as I change the data in the source file, but as soon as I close and reopen, I have to right click in the destination file and update links.

Am using Excel and PPT 2007 and have so far tried the Hotfix from MS that solves a similar problem, but that asn't the right fix for 2007. Have also tried the "Update Links" add in for PPT, which works to a degree, but even when I change the excel sheet to "Shared", the PPT presentation still stops when someone is changing the source file with the usual "Read Only" message - the annoying thing is PPT is only supposed to read the file!

Basically we have a PPT slideshow on a large screen with sales stats linked to excel sheets which sales staff update throughout the day. All I want it to do is run through the day and update the destination sheets every time the source files are ameneded.

I must have lost a full day to this one small issue and it is driving me nuts!!!

Please, any help would save my sanity!

Have set update links to Automatic in PPT and even changed security settings to allow all external links in excel - still to no avail. It Just Refusus To Work!

Ask a Question