Visio 2003 Organizational Chart 2002 Compatibility

T

Todd Shillam

I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file format.

My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Todd

A

Al Edlund

it's probably normal, the addin is a v2003 component
al
I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file format.

My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Todd

M

Mark Nelson [MS]

Correct, Visio 2002 cannot work with an Org Chart saved from Visio 2003. Each version has its own Org Chart functionality that is specific to that version.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

al

Thanks,

Todd

T

Todd Shillam

Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

Todd
Correct, Visio 2002 cannot work with an Org Chart saved from Visio 2003. Each version has its own Org Chart functionality that is specific to that version.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

al

Thanks,

Todd

Ask a Question