Entourage downloading already downloaded messages

D

DBHEW

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

When I started up Entourage today it started to download 7600 or so emails from my POP server. These emails have already been downloaded to my Entourage and are coming in duplicate. I leave the messages on the server because I operate off of two computers and a Blackberry.

This has happened a couple of times before and I simply let the download run and then delete the messages on my computer. I cannot do that now as I am travelling for a couple of months in remote locations and am using a satellite connection to the internet (HughesNet) and it is incredibly slow.

Is there any way to control which emails are downloaded from the POP server within Entourage. I have tried to access my webmail and it getting a 'bad response from server' and I am not able to sign in (my webmail provider is working on this).

For now, I have turned off my Receive All scheduler and am successfully using Entourage to send out emails. I need to have access to the emails in Entourage as well as the Blackberry as the more graphic rich attachments aren't well received on the Blackberry - nor am I able to read .docx, .xmlx, etc. files on the Blackberry.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
DBHEW

D

Diane Ross

When I started up Entourage today it started to download 7600 or so emails
from my POP server. These emails have already been downloaded to my Entourage
and are coming in duplicate. I leave the messages on the server because I
operate off of two computers and a Blackberry.

A POP account is not meant to store large numbers of messages. Switch to an
IMAP account.

You could try moving the older emails out of the Inbox using your web
interface.

Ask a Question