Entourage EWS removed all tasks from my Exchange account!

D

dave0

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I've just installed the new EWS update for Entourage, and after Entourage finished downloading my Exchange data, all my tasks have disappeared from my Exchange account! The Tasks folder is empty on Exchange (as evidenced in both Outlook 2007 and OWA).
However, all my tasks are visible in Entourage, in the Tasks folder, under "On my computer". It's as if Entourage had syphoned all my tasks from Exchange, instead of syncing them.

So my question is: how do I get my tasks back into Exchange? And how do I make sure that task syncing works?

For that matter, how does Tasks syncing work? In Outlook 2007, you can have many Tasks folders, but in Entourage, you get only one, so I assume only the default Tasks folder is synced, right? But is it normal that the Exchange Tasks should appear under the "On my computer" section, instead of "Exchange"?

Thanks in advance for your help,

David.

D

dave0

One thing I noticed: if I modify a task within Entourage and save it, it reappears on Exchange.
So what I did to recover (most of) my tasks is: I associated all of them to a bogus project, then disassociated them. This forced a sync with the server. Cumbersome, but it worked.
Only now did I realize that I could also have used Outlook's "recover deleted items" feature, although this would have ended up with duplicate items in Entourage. Oh well...

I still think there's a bug in Entourage 13. For that matter, I have an idea: in my case, I have to task folders (Tasks, plus one under the Tasks folder). And I have noticed that Entourage put all my tasks, including the ones from the subfolder, into Entourage's Tasks folder. So maybe having more than one task folders got it confused?

Anyone from Microsoft to comment on this issue?

F

FritzS

One thing I noticed: if I modify a task within Entourage and save it, it reappears on Exchange.
So what I did to recover (most of) my tasks is: I associated all of them to a bogus project, then disassociated them. This forced a sync with the server. Cumbersome, but it worked.
Only now did I realize that I could also have used Outlook's "recover deleted items" feature, although this would have ended up with duplicate items in Entourage. Oh well...

I still think there's a bug in Entourage 13. For that matter, I have an idea: in my case, I have to task folders (Tasks, plus one under the Tasks folder). And I have noticed that Entourage put all my tasks, including the ones from the subfolder, into Entourage's Tasks folder. So maybe having more than one task folders got it confused?

Hi,
I remember - past month I test Office 2004, later Office 2008 - both
business versions.

I connected Entourage with the Exchange Connector to our Exchange 2003
Server.

Entourage 2004 and Entourage 2008 too moves all Objects in the local
database, my server was empty.

What could be wrong?

Ask a Question