Entourage not recognizing valid certificate from Keychain

D

direneed

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

My outgoing email server requires SSL authentication and provides a valid root certificate, which I have added to my Keychain under System certs. However, when I try to add the certificate to Entourage, Entourage looks in the Keychain and say "no valid certificates found on the keychain". I can go into Keychain, and using Certificate Assistant -> Evaluate the certificate, and verify that the cert is valid for both SSL and x509, but Entourage will not recognize it from the Keychain for any reason. I can receive email fine, but cannot send without this cert in Entourage. Anyone encountered and cleared this hurdle before?

thanks in advance

D

direneed

oh, and I just updated my Office 2008 to 12.1.5, which was release just a week or two ago

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

My outgoing email server requires SSL authentication and provides a
valid root certificate, which I have added to my Keychain under System
certs.

it is supposed to be installed in the Login keychain.

Corentin

D

direneed

Thanks for the reply, Corentin.

From what I read, the Login applies to only the current user, whereas System is for keys to be used by all users on the machine. Either way, I had the certificate in Login, Microsoft Intermediary, Microsoft System, and System. I removed it from all except Login, but Entourage still does not recognize it.

james

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Thanks for the reply, Corentin.

Hi James,
From what I read, the Login applies to only the current user, whereas
System is for keys to be used by all users on the machine.

That makes sense, but I was told several times (with great vigor) to
stay away from the System keychain in Leopard.

Either way, I
had the certificate in Login, Microsoft Intermediary, Microsoft System,
and System. I removed it from all except Login, but Entourage still does
not recognize it.

Then the certificate you added might not be the *root* certificate for
the server.
Many servers offer more than one certificate. Are you sure you took the
right one?

Corentin

D

direneed

Yes, pretty sure that it is the root CA. It's a domain and certificate that my boss owns and provided to me. He is certain that it is a root CA, but I will double-check. thanks again for the help

james

Ask a Question