Error when trying to check mail...

E

emaldo

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Hi, there. I have this problem: I need to administrate the mails for 14 accounts. I created them succesfully, but when I try to "Send and receive all", Entourage gives me this message and stop checking: "Connection to the server failed or was dropped. Error: -17895". But if I check the accounts separatelly, it works just fine... Besides, if I desactivate some accounts and leave only 6 of them active, it works OK. I don´t know what to do, because it will be rather annoying to check each account every half an hour... Can somebody help me..? THANKS A LOT!!!!

B

Barry Wainwright

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Hi, there. I have this problem: I need to administrate the mails for 14 accounts. I created them succesfully, but when I try to "Send and receive all", Entourage gives me this message and stop checking: "Connection to the server failed or was dropped. Error: -17895". But if I check the accounts separatelly, it works just fine... Besides, if I desactivate some accounts and leave only 6 of them active, it works OK. I don´t know what to do, because it will be rather annoying to check each account every half an hour... Can somebody help me..? THANKS A LOT!!!!

I have used Entourage with lots of accounts in the past, but maybe never
as many as 14 at a time.

It may be that trying to make that many connections at one time is
overloading the network. Best advice I can offer is to set up two
separate schedules to connect and collect mail, with half the accounts
in each schedule.

Go to the Tools menu and select 'schedules...'. Click the green 'Add'
button and created 'Timed' schedule rather than a repeating one. This
way you can set each schedule to fire at different times through the
day. Set up an action to 'receive mail' for 7 of the accounts, and set
up an additional action to 'send mail' (this will be for all accounts,
and will send any mail waiting in the outbox).

Repeat with a new schedule at a different time for the other 7 accounts
(add the 'send mail' action to this schedule as well).

See how that goes. Don't forget to disable the Send & Receive All schedule.

Ask a Question