IMAP accounts not recieving mail in scheduled send & recieve

A

ASKC

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hello all,
I have a problem with send and receive for my IMAP email accounts. I run a small business and have configured two computers to receive the same email.

When the scheduled send and receive runs it does not pull new emails from the server. it does pull them in on start up and when i click on the folder.

I have checked the boxes in the send and receive settings and tried both "new mail" & "all mail" in each account's options

I have rebuilt the database to make sure its not that with no change.

I have my own domain and have checked with my provider to make sure all the settings are correct and the server is fully capable of IMAP accounts. It all works fine when configured in Apple Mail but I prefer to use Entourage.

I hope the answer is out there.

U

UKGuy

I'm getting the same problem.

Actually, in my case the mail is coming in ok. It just doesn't show until you change folder to say Deleted Items, then back to InBox, or do a Command L to 'Refresh Message list'

This issue seems only to be on IMAP, Exchange and POP work fine.

A

ASKC

Are you sure mail is coming in UKGuy?

I can see the IMAP folders being checked on the server on the bottom bar of entourage but nothing comes in until, as you say click the inbox folder after viewing another folder; be it on the server or a local folder.

refreshing (command L) does not work for me I have to physically click the folder.

And Yes both addresses were working fine as a POP setup.

Ask a Question