Is there a way to recall, or retrieve a message I sent out?

N

nmvvr

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I mistakenly sent an e-mail message to the wrong recipient. Is there a way to recall the message before it is read, as I have heard there is in some versions of Outlook?

J

Jeff_Chapman

Hello,
I mistakenly sent an e-mail message to the wrong recipient. Is there a way to recall the message before it is read, as I have heard there is in some versions of Outlook?

Outlook only allows mails to be recalled if both the recipient and the sender are on Exchange Server 2000 or later. Mails sent by other protocols such as POP cannot be recalled.

Entourage 2008 does offer an Exchange-compatible version called the Web Services Edition, but unfortunately there is no feature to recall emails once they have been sent.

More information on recalling mail using Outlook here (does not apply to Entourage):

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010917601033.aspx

Jeff

Ask a Question