Office - not enough memory

K

Kellyh

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

The first problem, was that some word documents somehow changed to rtf's. And when opened, an error message popped up saying not enough memory and the documents were empty. Word was still able to open normal .doc's without a hassle. The second problem was in Entourage, when receiving an email from a particular contact, it once again said not enough memory, and also said in reference to the email that some text in this message is in a language your computer cannot display. Upon researching this error message, I found that it is usually a font problem and has nothing to do with memory. I noticed that other people who received the email had no problems with it, and that it actually had a signature on the end. Hence thinking the signature was the problem. Next step was to ask the sender to change the font of their signature, and the problem still occurred. After trying 3 different fonts, I got a new error message. An unknown error has occurred -8796. When I hit OK, the message kept appearing and didn't stop so I had to force quit Entourage. I was unable to find this error code online, except as a positive number. The solution to the positive was to rebuild the database, which I have done. I have tried everything I can possibly think of, but am still getting this problem. Has anyone got any more suggestions or have encountered this before?

Ask a Question