Outlook 2007: Corrupted Formatting

R

Randun

Out of the blue, when I start typing a new message or reply, the styles arecorrupted.

I've run Scanpst.exe & Office Diagnostics as well as using CCleaner to clean potential corrupted registry entries. I do have Outlook logging enabled but am having difficulty in interpreting the contents.

Since I can't upload screenshots here, I've done my best to illustrate whatI'm seeing on the screen when I first start typing in Outlook:

•New Messages: See empty rectangular box
•I can right-click on the border & the choices are Cut, Copy, Paste, Borders and Shading, & Format Frame
•I can also right-click inside the box, & the choices are the standard edit menu including Styles (Update Normal to Match Selection, Save Selection to a New Quick Style, & Select Text With Similar Formatting
•I tried changing borders, etc. to no avail

•Reply Messages: Bob (with a squiggly line under each character)
•Right click selection & see standard email, however the first choice is "Replace direct formatting with style "emailstyle24".
•I viewed "emailstyle24" under Format Text/Styles & it has my old formatting originally set up in Tools/Options/Mail Format/Stationary & Fonts
•I can select to use "24" for that reply but it reverts back to the corrupted one in another reply

Does anyone have any suggestions based on the above or other places I should be looking for to resolve?

Thanks.

Ask a Question