Sending in HTML Format does not remove winmail.dat problem.

R

Robmancaneast

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

After doing much research on the winmail.dat problem I am struck by the fact that Microsoft doesn't fix this within Entourage. I have checked my Outlook mail settings and they are set to send in HTML format YET when I forward a contact in vcf format or Outlook format it appears as a winmail.dat in Entourage.

Perhaps this is overly simplistic but you can check back in various forums and for years people have complained about this and been told to use either a freeware program (TNEF) I believe or buy one called "Letter Opener" .

Sorry to be so blunt but this is ridiculous - both of the products in question are MS products so it would seem a fairly simple thing for MS to fix - especially since someone developed a "freeware" program that takes care of this - since they could afford to develop it and give it away for free I can't see think of any reason why MS shouldn't be able to build this 'fix' into Entourage!!

Without a doubt the entire user community of Entourage customers should be outraged that this problem continues despite the fact that it has been complained about for years!

Shame on MS for allowing it's user community to have to look for utilities so that Entourage can read emails from another MS product!

W

www.bellevuefineart.com

This isn't a problem with Entourage. It's a problem with Outlook and needs
to be fixed on the Outlook side. The best thing would be to export your
entire contacts list as a pst file and ..... Wait, that's not compatible
either. Well, you shouldn't use windows.

Ask a Question