text font changes from mac to pc

M

mparoufas

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I've created a power point presentation on Mac which included text boxes. When I open it on PC the text font changes and also the size of the text changes. Is there a way to overcome this problem? I use office 2004 on Mac (OSX 10.4.11) and office 2003 on PC (XP PRO SP2).
Thanks in advance.

M

mparoufas

I've created a power point presentation on Mac which included text boxes. When I open it on PC the text font changes and also the size of the text changes. Is there a way to overcome this problem? I use office 2004 on Mac (OSX 10.4.11) and office 2003 on PC (XP PRO SP2).
Thanks in advance.

Oh, and another thing. Sometimes there is only the text box. The text is blanked

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I've created a power point presentation on Mac which included text boxes. When I open
it on PC the text font changes and also the size of the text changes. Is there a way to
overcome this problem? I use office 2004 on Mac (OSX 10.4.11) and office 2003 on PC (XP
PRO SP2).

Open the presentation on the Windows PC and choose Format, Replace Fonts.

That opens a dialog box with two combo boxes. Open the upper one to see a list of the
fonts that your presentation needs. Look at the icon next to each font. If it's a
question mark, it means that the font isn't installed on the PC, so PowerPoint is
substituting a different font.

If this is the problem, you can:

- Install the font on the PC, if it's available in PC-compatible format.

- Go back to the Mac and switch to fonts that ARE available on the PC. But that's a
lot of work. Easier to ...

- While you're there on the Windows PC, use the lower combo box to choose a font to
replace the missing font with. Be sure to choose one that's fairly similar to the one
you originally intended and that's available on the Mac.

If sorting out the fonts doesn't fix the problem, check the printer driver on the
Windows box. To keep PPT from getting a severe case of the grumpies, you MUST have a
Windows-certified printer driver installed locally and set as the default printer. Try
the steps here:

How to install a TEST printer driver
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00952.htm

Ask a Question