_vti_cnf folders and source control

L

LB

I'm using a source control integration with FP, and every time i update the source control view, it says i have hijacked all the files in the _vti_cnf folders. Does this mean everytime i check out a htm file to work on, i also have to check out the corresponding _vti_cnf file as well?
So basically what i want to know is, if you change a htm file, does it automatically mean that the vti_cnf file is also changed?

S

Steve Easton

The data concerning the changed htm file is changed in the respective htm "inventory or data" ( for
lack of a better term ) file within the _vti_cnf *folder*.
This is how FrontPage knows when the main htm was modified, updated etc, and what other files it
links to.

Open the vti_cnf *folder* in Explorer and then open one of its files in notepad

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

LB said:
I'm using a source control integration with FP, and every time i update the source control view,
it says i have hijacked all the files in the _vti_cnf folders. Does this mean everytime i check out
a htm file to work on, i also have to check out the corresponding _vti_cnf file as well?
So basically what i want to know is, if you change a htm file, does it automatically mean that the
vti_cnf file is also changed?

L

LB

Thanks
I found out that the source control integration i am using should check out any files it needs to modify, and that having it checked out could cause problems.
Now i am having a whole new problem, but i might post a new thread for that
I am using the Rational ClearCase Frontpage integration, have you ever used this?

Ask a Question