Absolute position in Layout

Reaction score
I have a TOC with *artistic* green boxes around the chapter titles (text "whited" out for security reasons):

upload_2018-8-9_15-34-44.png

I can't get Chapter 7 to align with the other chapter titles. Chapter 7's Absolute Position is 0.17, while the other chapter titles are at 0.0. I've tried changing to anything other than "In line with text" but that moves the heading 7.1 either up one line next to the green box or under the green box. I've checked the formatting of the Chapter 7 chapter title in the body of the text and it matches the other chapters in the document. Do I have to abandon art and go for a plain ole TOC? What is different about Chapter 7?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Without actually seeing the problem document, it can be difficult for anyone to diagnose the issue. Can you attach the document to a post with just the headings & TOC (delete/obfuscate anything sensitive)?

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I can't attach the document because it's 174 pages and would take too much time to gray out the text. I did find a solution. I copied a TOC from a previous version that looks okay. It's a workaround, so I don't know what the original problem was and how to deal with it if it happens again. However, I have a deadline ...

Ask a Question