Access 2000 RunTime with external files

• Thread starter Chris van der Merwe
  • Start date
C

Chris van der Merwe

I have a working .mbd file, which incorporate an external xxx.dll file located in directory c:\winnt\system32\, and 3 external files the xxx.dll file require to function properly(located in access specified default directory c:\crm\)
In access, this xxx.dll is called, referencing the 3 external files in default directory c:\crm\, and does the job

Now, I need to create an runtime version of this working .mdb file

The dev PC has O/S NT4 sp6, Office 2000 SR-1, Access 2000 Developer Mod SR-1
Using the Add-In Manager/VBA Package & Deployment Wizard to create the runtime.
So far I have included the 3 external files in the dependancy list in one run, the xxx.dll + 3 files in another run, included the 4 files and the accessrt\full\ in another run creating the runtime
Installing it on another workstation I delete and reinstall the access runtime, and then install the .mdb file
The dependancy files are also installed in their proper locations as per the full access Test PC

The only problem is that the .mdb file see the xxx.dll, but it cannot see/access the 3 required files to work properly, even though the 3 files is in the default directory they are suppose to be in
I have checked the .mdb file created in the runtime package\support directory, and the default path is correct

I would appreciate it if anyone could assist in solving this problem

Ask a Question