Access 2003 to 2010 upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,
I am testing my 2003 databases with Access 2010 due to an upcoming conversion. I have tried copying my database and opening/modifying it in Access2010. I then copied this database and tried saving it as an accdb. database. I have also created a new, blank database in 2010 and importing all of my objects.

In all of these scenarios I am experiencing the same problem. I am able to update form properties when I first open the database in 2010 but after awhile, sometimes after the first change, the property sheet displays but is locked and I can't change anything.

If I close the DB and then re-open it, I will be able to make at least one property change and then no more.

This is very annoying! I have searched many forums and tried a few suggestions such as:
Undock the Properties Sheet - didn't help.
Use Floating vs Tabbed - doesn't help
Expand the property sheet to the left - ditto
Start - Run - msaccess/safe - doesn't work
Type 'CommandBars("Property Sheet").Enabled = True' in the Immediate window - doesn't help

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Ask a Question