Access command button help needed

Reaction score
I have created a database and I want to add a button to the form that will start an .avi file in a new window then return to the form when it's over. This is a database to be used by the general public so I am locking it down as much as possible so that the data will not become corrupted. There are several avi files that I have created and I want the end user to be able to move to a particular entry on the form and click on a button that will launch the avi file. I am not sure how to code it. If you can help please email me.

The screen shot shows the as yet un-programmed button. All of the data auto populates the way it should when the navigation buttons are used. I want to program the command button to launch the appropriate avi file that matches the rest of the data on the form. There are 17 avi files in total. All data resides on an external portable drive.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
MikeyL
(e-mail address removed)

Attachments

• accessproject.jpg
    accessproject.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 500

Ask a Question