Access front end-SQL Server back-end Can't filter with command button

J

Joe T

I have a patient database with MS Access project as front end, and SQL Server 2000 as back end to hold tables etc
I have a Patient Information Form that I want to add a command button to. I want the command button to filter through another form "Patient Exams" so that only those exams pop up. I run the command button wizard and try to filter the records by the "Patient ID #" field. When I run the command, the result is that all Patient exams show up. The command button won't filter the records. I have the Primary key as the "Patient ID #" filed in the Patient Information table, and "Patient ID #" as the foreign key in the "Patient Exams" table
Before I upgraded from Access mdb, the command buttons worked fine! If I compare the code used, they look exactly the same! Does SQL Server 2000 not let you filter records this way?
The only way I can filter the records now is by using a parameter query, and actually typing in the "Patient ID #" as the cirteria to be filtered. (I want to eliminate this step!
Please help me!!
Thanks,
Dr Joe T.

Ask a Question