ActiveX Warnings

B

Beth

I posted back in January and really didn't get much help. Here is the issue: I have several macros in MS Project that launch a VB form that contains an excel spreadsheet object - which is part of Microsoft Office Web Components 9.0 library. If I open the project file in versions 2000 and 2002 of MS Project, there are no problems. However, when I open the project in MS Project 2003, I always get an ActiveX warning that states, "This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that might be unsafe. If you trust the soure of this file, select OK and the controls will be initialized using your current workspace settings." I have tried creating a certificate and adding that certificate to my Trusted Root Certification Authorities store and changing my security settings with MS Project to trust the certificate, but I still get the prompt. I have also tried disabling the security controls in the project_open method with this line of code: ThisProject.Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable. That doesn't work either. I think that because the MS Office Web Components library is used mainly in web apps instead of vb forms, the only possible way right now to disable warnings is through web browser internet options - but those aren't the warnings that I care about. There is no way to disable application-specific warnings, in particular MS Project via Internet Options -> Security in a web browser. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
Beth

Ask a Question