Add labels to groups (to help build animation)

J

juliabell

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel It is difficult to build complex custom animations when the groups on a slide are simply identified by a random group number.

Is there a way to add some type of label or identification to a group?

I know that I can add text to a shape and that will appears in the animation list, but I don't know a way to expand that to groups of shapes.

M

Mark

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel It is difficult to build complex custom animations when the groups on a slide are simply identified by a random group number.
Is there a way to add some type of label or identification to a group?
I know that I can add text to a shape and that will appears in the animation list, but I don't know a way to expand that to groups of shapes.

Look for the 'Selection Pane'. This will allow you to change the name
for a shape or group of shapes.

F

fotakis

Really? That is insightfull and helpful. Could you please add where this magical "Selection Pane" in the Office 2008 version is! I am really curious to find out!

If you don't want to offer any help, then please don't bother. You are just being classical IT know it all, you didn't offer any insight whatsoever!

Ask a Question