Adding a seperate line to a graph

C

cricketmonster

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi - I'm sure this is very simple but I've been trying now for 2 days and about to go mad.

I've created a distance-time graph with a smooth lined scatter chart. Time is on the x-axis, distance on the y-axis. I need to plot two separate journeys (ie two lines, or 2 sets of data). I've plotted the first and it's fine. However, when I come to plot the second it uses the x-values from the first line. Y-values are OK.

So for example the first x-value in the first set of data is at 08:40am. The first x-Value in the second set of data should be 8:50 but it keeps putting the mark at 8:40am. I don't seem to be able to create a new set of x values on the second set of data.

I'm obviously doing something wrong because this should be easiest thing possible....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
James

M

Mike Middleton

James -

Be sure to use the XY (Scatter) chart type.

Plot the data for one journey. I usually select the X and Y data first, and then I insert the XY chart. Then I use the Chart Data | Edit on the Formatting Palette to add another data series, where I then specify the X and Y data for the second journey.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi - I'm sure this is very simple but I've been trying now for 2 days and about to go mad.

I've created a distance-time graph with a smooth lined scatter chart. Time is on the x-axis, distance on the y-axis. I need to plot two separate journeys (ie two lines, or 2 sets of data). I've plotted the first and it's fine. However, when I come to plot the second it uses the x-values from the first line. Y-values are OK.

So for example the first x-value in the first set of data is at 08:40am. The first x-Value in the second set of data should be 8:50 but it keeps putting the mark at 8:40am. I don't seem to be able to create a new set of x values on the second set of data.

I'm obviously doing something wrong because this should be easiest thing possible....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
James

Ask a Question