Adding sound to presentation

B

BGLASGAL

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

When I try to "Insert sound" and "select from sound file" into a presentation the music in my itunes file are not selectable,i.e. they aren't showing as sound files. Also I had inserted a sound file in a previous presentation and now it doesn't play. . Also is there anything in preferences i should check? I don't recall changing anything. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

B

BGLASGAL

When I try to "Insert sound" and "select from sound file" into a presentation the music in my itunes file are not selectable,i.e. they aren't showing as sound files. Also I had inserted a sound file in a previous presentation and now it doesn't play. . Also is there anything in preferences i should check? I don't recall changing anything. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

After several hours of frustrating struggling I came to the conclusion that the format of my music had somehow changed from MPG3 to M4a, which is a format not recognized by PPT 2004. I changed formats back to MPG3 and the tunes became selectable and therefore insertable. I have no idea how the formatting got changed. Perhaps it happened with an upgrade to iTunes but i don;t recall doing so.

Ask a Question