Advance Macro help

W

William G

Hi All!

I have spreadsheet that will be used for employees to track their service work.
I fell that it would be easier for them to key the necessary information onan 'enter' tab and have that information, by formulas, listed on another tab as a summary and then I can use that tab for reporting.

My Macro will have a Macro Button for the employee to press to save the entered work and file (I can set that up), but the macro will paste the valueson the 'Summary' tab but then re-enter the formula that links to the 'enter' tab on the following line for the next employee to enter. So, the Macro will need to know the last cell of the spreadsheet that continues to changeas more information continues to be entered by employees. Below is a sample of the layout information:

Enter tab:
Date 11/30/2012
Name Code 1588
Equipment Car 1
Milage 141555
Description of work Repair Bumper

Summary Tab:
Line # Date Name Code Equipment Milage Description of work
1 8/11/2012 1889 Car 1 128,555 Oil Service
2 9/15/2012 1889 Car 1 132,551 Oil Service
3 10/20/2012 1889 Car 1 140,133 Break Service

I feel that Access maybe a better option, but I nor the client have knowledge of Access (even using the Microsoft Templates is a bit overwhelming). I am open to suggestions on this project.

Thank you for your time!!
William

D

Don Guillett

Hi All!

I have spreadsheet that will be used for employees to track their servicework.

I fell that it would be easier for them to key the necessary information on an 'enter' tab and have that information, by formulas, listed on anothertab as a summary and then I can use that tab for reporting.

My Macro will have a Macro Button for the employee to press to save the entered work and file (I can set that up), but the macro will paste the values on the 'Summary' tab but then re-enter the formula that links to the 'enter' tab on the following line for the next employee to enter. So, the Macro will need to know the last cell of the spreadsheet that continues to change as more information continues to be entered by employees. Below is a sample of the layout information:

Enter tab:

Date 11/30/2012

Name Code 1588

Equipment Car 1

Milage 141555

Description of work Repair Bumper

Summary Tab:

Line # Date Name Code Equipment Milage Description of work

1 8/11/2012 1889 Car 1 128,555 Oil Service

2 9/15/2012 1889 Car 1 132,551 Oil Service

3 10/20/2012 1889 Car 1 140,133 Break Service

I feel that Access maybe a better option, but I nor the client have knowledge of Access (even using the Microsoft Templates is a bit overwhelming). I am open to suggestions on this project.

Thank you for your time!!

William

Send your file with this msg and a complete explanation with exmaples to dguillett1 @gmail.com

W

William G

Send your file with this msg and a complete explanation with exmaples to dguillett1 @gmail.com- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -

Thanks Don!!!! Works great!!!! Thank you again for your help - one of
these days I'll take a Macro Class :)

Ask a Question