Again: Event Catching in C#

T

Tobias Gansen

Dear group
sorry for corss-posting a similiar message, but since there were no answers in project.developer (all concerned with pds extensions, I guess :) I have to ask my question again

I'm wirting a Add-In for MS Project 2003 using C#. I need to execute some code whenever a project file is opened and saved. But there are difficulties..

ProjectAfterSave-Event
a) Gets fired unexpected, for example if you load a project file, make no changes and close the whole project application
b) Is not fired at all, e.g. when you open a project, change it and then close this project file (not the application). Since there are changes, you're prompted to save - but if you save, there's no event

OnProjectNew-Event
a) Gets fired even if you load a project file - BUT ONLY IF there is allready a project opened (and may it be the default start project). If there are no open files and you load a project file, the event is not fired

Open-Event
Whereas the events described above are events of the application object, the open event is part of the project-object. But how can I catch this event? I can only register this event if I have an instance of a project and then, yes, it is open and the event will not get fired. It works as described in the help for vba, but not for c#

Has anyone any clues
TIA
Tobia

Ask a Question