Alt Tab and Multiple Spreadsheets

C

cinnemonn

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

In Excel 2004 I was able to alt tab between open spreadsheets. I often work between multiple spreadsheets. Also, now when I cmd tab between Filemaker and Excel it does not land on the last excel sheet I was working on. Thirdly, I cannot access open spreadsheets. If I click on Window and select a different spreadsheet then the one I'm looking on the screen just turns light gray and the spreadsheet does not appear. I'm having problems accessing it. Is there something I'm missing here? If I can't get this to work I may have to uninstall and reinstall 2004. My work will take hours longer!

C

CyberTaz

Is your installation of Office fully updated? If you haven't applied SP2
(12.2.0) plus the 12.2.1 interim update there's no way the software will
work properly in the new OS. Windowing issues suggest that you are only at a
pre-SP2 update level.

C

cinnemonn

This helped one problem. Thanks!

The remaining problem is when I command tab between programs, when it goes back to Excel it opens the first sheet I opened instead of the one I'm working on. Let's say you have 3 spreadsheets open. In the Window drop down menu it will have them listed as 1 "name" , 2 "name", 3 "name". I might be working on spreadsheet #3 and when I command tab to look up something in another program and cmd tab back it goes to worksheet #1. Sometimes I may have up to 10 worksheets open. Is there some preference or something that can change this?

C

cinnemonn

Actually....I am still having problems with spreadsheets that are open being able to get to them. They show up under Window but they do not come up to the front. I have spend 5 minutes trying to access 1 spreadsheet! I had to close all the other spreadsheets to get to it.

Ask a Question