Alternate means of annotating text file

Reaction score
I have been researching Endnote and several other techniques to accomplish a documentation issue.
I have a document which contain many acronyms, words, phrases which may not be well known to those receiving/reading the document. As an example AMA, meaning the American Medical Association.

I want to create an area within the document, similarly to a glossary, where I can create/manage those acronyms, words, phrases and their explanatory equivalents. Then when a reader encounters one of those acronyms, words, phrases, if they would place the cursor within the text, a text box would pop up containing the explanatory text. When the cursor is moved away from the acronyms, words, phrases, the pop up text box would disappear.

I want may need a macro which would review the explanations, matching each entry to the document text and setting each match to a specific font style and creating whatever linkage to present the text box. I do not care for the annotation option.

I think this should have a MS/Word intrinsic function, however I am unable to recognize it.

Any suggestions, appreciated.

Ask a Question